Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 June 2016

MILITANTS STORM IKORODU COMMUNITIES AGAIN, ONE DEAD

                             Militants

Unidentified gunmen suspected to be militants struck again at Imuti and Igbobi areas of Ikorodu in Lagos state in the wee hours of today, June 24.

According to reports an unidentified man was murdered in front of his house at the Imuti area while other unconfirmed reports said scores were killed.


An eyewitness, named Iya Ibeji said “I heard series of gunshots while preparing Sari this morning. I also saw people from a nearby church through my window scampering for safety because they were doing a vigil before the chaos,” she said.

Iya Ibeji noted that the unidentified man who was killed, just moved to the area some weeks ago which is why no one knows his name.

Another resident who pleaded anonymity said: “I am leaving this vicinity today. I don’t want a stray bullet to kill me and I don’t want these militants to invade my privacy and slit my throat like they have been doing.”

Kolawole Amodu, another resident said he owns a land in the area and can’t move. “I did not rent so do I carry my house along. I will just continue to be prayerful and hopeful,” he said.

Recall that on Monday, June 20, gunmen invaded Elegbete and Igbolomu communities between 9am and 10am robbing from one house to the other.

Also, militants from the Niger Delta region reportedly invaded a community in Ogun state because they were being flushed out in their region. The militants raided Imushin community, Ogijo area of Ogun state, in the late hours of June 17, killing at least 15 residents.

Nigerian newspapers

No comments:

Post a Comment