Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 November 2015

TRAFFIC ROBBERY SERIOUSLY GETTING OUT OF HAND! PART 2.....

Here is the concluding part of my traffic robbery experience......

I once heard on radio that if you are being robbed in traffic, you horn severally and if that doesnt attract any attention/help, hit the vehicle in front of you and it will force the driver to alight....Well, the latter kinda worked for me sha.

After the hoodlums yanked my necklace off my neck, they were still asking for my phone, at that moment i took my feet off my brake purposely so as to force a car to stop, as i did that, i hit a vehicle that was about passing me by just as other vehicles were passing and leaving me to my fate.

The passenger (No be owner o, na friend of the owner) of the car i hit was the first to alight and as he was approaching my vehicle, the hoodlums took off.....my first thought was that he came down to help me, because he took off his shirt and was advancing towards the hoodlums (Oshey! Guardian Angel!) i was relieved!
Next thing i saw, the guy walked up to me and said, 'Madam, why did you have to hit my 'car'? I was still in shock as per the robbery, i alighted from my car and checked the extent of the damage on the car and also mine, both were not that bad, infact, mine needed panel beating and spraying work, his own was just a little scratch. I turned to him and pleaded that it was not intentional (I lied) I was being robbed and he saw the robbers, but he wouldn't hear of it, he started shouting, 'i stopped to help you, i saw the robbers and that was why i came down to help, so why did you have to hit my car'?.......I stood by my words that it was not intentional and i am sorry....by this time the owner of the car had alighted to inspect the car and was checking it out when the passenger said again..'Madam you have to pay for it o!'...Haaa! with which money na? I was angry, i had an 8am meeting to attend in Mobil and that was why i set out earlier than usual.

When it was obvious they wouldn't yield, i discussed with my friend and he said to give them 1k, the guys refused, they asked my friend to come with them in their car so we can all go to a mechanic together and fix the car, i was furious, my friend went with them on the note that he will try and pacify them with the 1k.

We missed ourselves as the traffic became very thick, they went to Ikoyi to wait for me, my office is in Lekki so i have no business going to Ikoyi, i refused to meet them there so they came to meet me in Lekki and continued with the old story, it was 7:20am at this time and my patience was running out but i tried to keep calm. Added 1k to the money and went straight to the owner, pleaded with 2k and he grudgingly accepted.... We parted ways and i was late for my meeting with about 10 minutes.

Throughout that day, i kept asking myself, did the guy actually stop to help me in traffic? If he really stopped to help me, why was he so concerned about me fixing a tiny damage when he saw me being robbed without even asking what they took from me? How else would i have alerted passers by without having to slightly collide with someone..lol

That day was a really bad day for me, had this nagging headache afterwards, felt like i was coming down with fever, took some drugs later that evening and i was a bit better the next day.

But in all this, i never failed to thank God, it could have been worse. Some people have been injured and even killed in traffic robbery, i was not hurt and i did not lose anything afterall.

To God be the Glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment