Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 October 2015

TRAFFIC ROBBERY SERIOUSLY GETTING OUT OF HAND!.....PART 1

I was attacked by 2 Hoodlums almost 2weeks ago on my way to work, it happened somewhere around Cms in traffic at about 6am. No, my window was not smashed i did not wind up, so one of them walked up to my car, held my window to stop me from winding up as that was my first reaction to the intruder. His colleague joined him afterwards and they were both asking for my phone and handbag, a friend of mine who was in the car with me prevented me from giving them anything, saying they were not armed at all, they were only making false threats. Realizing they wouldn't get anything from me, one of them held my neck and yanked my necklace off my neck, it was like a 2 mins movie, a very terrible experience.

I got home that evening after work and as i took off my clothes to go shower, i found my necklace in my dress! glued to my chest. Apparently the hoodlums only got a tiny piece of it and i have the largest part....Now let me describe my necklace to u....It's a very tiny gold necklace in form of a Catholic Rosary, it was given to my Mum by my eldest brother (A Catholic Priest) when he arrived from Rome, so that makes the necklace a very special one.
Before you start wondering why i had it, Mum gave me to wear when she felt it would fit the outfit i was wearing to an occasion (Mothers love sha) i refused to return it afterwards....Lol.

I have heard about other people's experience but i never thought it could happen to me. Many stories are still turning up on traffic robbery and i ask myself, will i get robbed again before traffic robbery is eradicated? What is our Governor doing about this? Same Governor we thought would continue the work our former Governor started.....What is the way forward? are there precautions on avoiding traffic robbery? If you have any suggestion biko let me know.

The fear this experience and other stories have put in me, only God can make me calm whenever i drive in traffic.

PS: Your windows could be rolled up or down, you can still get robbed...you stay on the first, middle or last lane, you can still get robbed.

If you have experienced traffic robbery, whether you were the victim or not and if you have suggestions on how to avoid or tackle this devilish act, please share.

Thanks and stay blessed!

2 comments:

  1. It has really become rampant....God help us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rily annoying and it's so infuriating hearing this kinda story. I saw one live, when a guy snatched someone's phone through Brt window. U can imagine as high as the window is. The guy almost ran into upcoming vehicle. He would've just died that day. Cos it was express @motorways side. The only solution is to pray b4 leaving our various homes o. Commit ur movements into God's hands and when u get back home, thank him for safety. Am sure u forgot to pray that day. Lol. And remember u cunningly owned that chain too. Lol

    ReplyDelete